Clinicians | PractitionersCounsellors and relationship coaches in the broad area of couple relationship wellbeing
These practitioners include practices, independent of RSR, in adjacent regions.
- NLP Master Practitioner
- Bachelor of Applied Counselling
Henk uses research-informed approaches around improving couple communication, including: contempt-volume, talking-over, bickering, stonewalling, criticism, comparing, need for relational space and defensiveness.
His experience also benefits couples where hard topics need to be discussed, or discovery of relationship infidelity has occurred, where betrayal trauma is present, or assisted transparency and a full disclosure process is preferred.
- Post graduate work in conflict coaching
“Life doesn’t just happen, we make it happen, and sometimes we need a companion on the journey.” This is my basic philosophy regarding the work that I do. As a counsellor I am in someone’s life for a period of time to help them work through issues that they might find difficult to discuss with family or friends. I do this by:
- creating a confidential and safe place for you to discuss problems you are having in your life
- being someone who is non-judgmental, empathic and objective
- a person outside of your normal relationships who helps you to focus on the issues in hand
- helping you work through your thoughts and feelings, allowing you to see things from a different perspective
- assisting you to identify and overcome obstacles that prevent you from achieving your goals and motivating you to accomplish more than you would alone
I have many years of experience as a counsellor which means that I have a wide range of tools for helping people in all sorts of situations. I am very open to whatever problems people have, and will adjust my counselling methods to suit your needs.