Menu blog posts for appreciations and practicing the Couple Dialog
Becoming more desirable partners: Wired for love – Let’s master it
The Death-rattle in a relationship: Defensiveness, Contempt, Criticism and Stonewalling
The defensiveness dance | The loudness and The Talking-over-the-top-of
Stop following: When you chase your partner
Time-out to cool down from anger: Agreeing on rules around taking time-out
Dating each week: Can you both agree on two rules
Responding Non-defensively to your partner: Reflecting
Is now a good time to talk? When being intentional in the relationship feels awkward.
Boundaries around hot topics: Time and place boundaries + Bedrooms are for the two s’s.
The speaker: How can you look after your partner during a couples dialog
The receiver: How can you help your partner feel heard, totally
Summary: How to make a good summary using the couples dialog
That makes sense because: Expressing empathy using the couples dialog
Solving big issues: How to use the couples dialog
5 – 7 unreconcilable differences
A choice when there is anger present in the relationship: I Feel Statements
Preventing the blame-game: Externalizing
How to build trust in the relationships: Turning towards
Bids for connection: How to build more trust
Making a relationship repair: How it affects your emotional bank account balance
Five steps to an apology process that is sincere and lasting
Anxiety in the session: How to overcome the stress with self-care
Why meet with me?
Meeting with me is something you and your partner would have to choose.
- Do you and your partner have difficult issues in your relationship? About money? About sex?
- Is there is a struggling-to-talk problem, a talking-over-the-top problem, a not-listening or a not-being-heard problem?
- Is the loudness (shouting), the criticism, the contempt or the disrespect present in your relationship?
- Do either of you have trouble respecting each-other's boundaries?
- Do either of you want to set boundaries?
- Is there is a loss-of-trust?
If "YES", then perhaps getting help could mean book a session