Date: 11 Dec 2020
The purpose of a disclosure statement is to provide transparency and explanatory information around the significant features of the client-practitioner relationship.
This disclosure intends to enable the client to make an informed decision regarding purchasing of relationship services provided by Hendrik Joseph Ensing of Rock Solid Relationships.
Rock Solid Relationship provides relationship services.
Hendrik Joseph Ensing
Trading as Rock Solid Relationships
383 Karakariki Road
Hamilton 3289, New Zealand
This is a statement of your rights and responsibilities within the therapeutic relationship.
You have the right to this disclosure information and my online scope of practice document to clients before the session begins.
Clients have the right to choose a practitioner who best suits their needs and purposes.
Clients may ask questions about service at any time and may choose to terminate therapy at any time.
My code of ethics require that I have an agreement with the client before the session begins. Please read this statement thoroughly and then sign the consent for treatment on the Client/Practitioner Agreement.
If you have any questions or concerns, please tell me and I will be happy to discuss them with you.
B.Ed University of Waikato; Dip HTC, Associate of Science degree, BYUH 1995; IPC (individual paper credit), Post Graduate studies in Conflict Resolution 456, University of Waikato.
Primarily, the theoretical perspectives which called upon to inform the work I do comes under a post-modern umbrella (Anderson, 2007) .
The concept of relational consciousness is a central tenet of the therapeutic work I do. Relational consciousness is generated through a conversational process I call the relational linguistic practice. When we create a relational consciousness through language-making we are able to move beyond the binary constructs of right and wrong, respectful and not, collaborative and not.
We are able to reconstruct an experiential everyday metaphor into relational language which in turn generates the relational space for us (client and therapist) to consider the position that ‘this metaphor is in relation to me, it is not intrinsically me’. Consequently we are able to engage in the present moment with a central theme as a relational construct which is situated contextually and thus specifically within each person’s life.
At times I take an eclectic approach using tools from other perspectives for short-term specific purposes.
Coaching can have a therapeutic effect, therefore, coaching is acknowledged and can be seen to be a therapy. Coaching is referred to as therapy.
Clients can rely on me to maintain confidentiality regarding our work together. Client agree upon these these few exceptions:
- In supervision I may consult with other therapists, who are required to keep client information confidential, for case consultation purposes, and in doing so will not mention names of clients.
- When abuse or neglect of a child, dependent adult, or developmentally disabled person is present, this will be reported.
- Others be informed if a client threatens to harm herself/himself, or others. If that threat is perceived to be serious, the proper individuals must be contacted: this may include the individual against whom the threat is made.
- In the event of a court order, couple coaches may be required to disclose information in the presence of a judge.
- Information which may jeopardize my safety will not be kept confidential.
- In the event of a medical emergency, emergency personnel may be given necessary information.
- If you bring a complaint against me with the courts or police, Department of Health, information will be released.
- In the event of the client’s death or disability, the information may be released if the client’s personal representative or the beneficiary of an insurance policy on the client’s life signs a release authorizing disclosure.
Regarding Court Requirements
It is my policy NOT to provide clinical evaluations or assessments of the quality of client participation when clients are accessing couple coaching to fulfill court requirements or for other legal purposes.
I do not make any identity claims. This is especially in regard to my role.
Please be aware that I usually charge clients for not attending sessions they have booked. Clients can reschedule or cancel up to 48 hours before the session.
NZAC, NZCCA and RI
I am not affiliated with NZAC, NZCCA. I subscribe to Resolution Institute (RI).
With your signature on the Client/Practitioner agreement, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this disclosure. You consent to therapy according to the terms or conditions described here.