Frequently Asked Questions
Why do people come for relationship therapy?
People come for many reasons. Mostly people want something better for their relationships and their lives. Couple Coaching supports people to resolve conflict, communicate positively, develop equality and unity, overcome anger, and enrich relationships.
What difference will it make?
It depends upon you and your partner. Every relationship is different. Moving forward may be easier in a coached session.
Is there a client/practitioner agreement?
Yes. I value transparency around my scope of practice before we begin the first session.
Please complete this Client/Practioner Agreement before we meet.
You can fill it in together or separately at different times.
How much does it cost?
Session rate $125
Who will know I have come?
Many people prefer their private life to remain private. I respect this. Appointment times and premises allow you to come and go in privacy.
When can I start?
We can discuss your hopes and how coaching can help support positive change in your life, and the life of your partner.
Where can we meet?
Couples and individuals meet with me in one of my meeting rooms at Te Rapa or Hamilton East.
Can I change my booked time?
Yes. You can change your appointment time right up to 48 hours before the booked meeting time, at no cost.
Rescheduling and cancellations within 48 hours of the booked time will be charged at full price.
What is the first step?
You can jump right in and book a session.
If you have questions not answered here, then phone or email me. Let’s discuss how I can help you in your relationship. This will be a confidential call.
Why meet with me?
Meeting with me is something you and your partner would have to choose.
- Do you and your partner have difficult issues in your relationship? About money? About sex?
- Is there is a struggling-to-talk problem, a talking-over-the-top problem, a not-listening or a not-being-heard problem?
- Is the loudness (shouting), the criticism, the contempt or the disrespect present in your relationship?
- Do either of you have trouble respecting each-other's boundaries?
- Do either of you want to set boundaries?
- Is there is a loss-of-trust?
If "YES", then perhaps getting help could mean book a session